The Biggleswade & District Bus Association is a non-profit-making voluntary association run by parents for parents whose children attend Bedford Modern School, Bedford School Seniors & Prep, Bedford Girls School, and Greenacres (formerly Rushmoor and St Andrews). The association currently operates two dedicated bus routes serviced by Expresslines.
Can I get the other bus?
Need to get the other bus home once in a while?
For just £2.00 we can arrange a ‘BUS-SWAP!’ A one-day pass which allows travel on the alternate route (If spaces permit – please make payment online to BDBA Sort code 40-10-33, Account number 01000810).
To organise a pass please contact our membership secretary at least 3 days in advance of travel.
Can I bring a friend home?
Provided that there are available seats on the bus, pupils can bring friends home from school.
Guest Passes are valid for 12 months and must be purchased at least 3 days in advance (to enable BDBA to confirm receipt of payment by bank transfer before a pass is issued). Rates are as follows:
- £10 each for up to 4 single tickets
- £7.50 each for 5 or more single tickets purchased together (£37.50 batch of 5)
- £5 each for 10 or more purchased together (£50 batch of 10)
Tickets will be sent by email & will require printing out to hand to the driver.
Please note, holding a guest pass is NOT a guarantee there will be a space on the bus. Full bus members have priority on spaces at all times and it is the policy of the bus company to run the service with as high a capacity as possible. That said, due to after school clubs, return journeys are always more likely to have space.
If you would like a guest pass, please contact the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and also copy in the Treasurer at email@example.com in your email. Please state the number of tickets you require and the amount of money you are transferring.
Payment should be made to the BDBA bank account at the same time:
Sort code 40-10-33, Account number 01000810
To confirm availability for a specific date please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not confirm availability there is a risk that there will not be a space.
What are the benefits to using the bus?
- The Association provides a dedicated bus with a termly designated driver for the exclusive use of the Association Members’ school pupils
- The Association is able to consider additional boarding points on the routes, provided that these boarding points are both practical and safe
- The timetable is based on school start of day and end of day times
- Highly utilised school buses reduce congestion and pollution in the town centre, reduce congestion at the school entrances, and improve safety
- Seating at all times: the Association carefully regulates the number of passes so the seating capacity of the bus is not exceeded
- Reduced stress, time and worry in getting your children to and from school each day!
How much does it cost to join?
Payment for the bus pass is a term in advance (Please make payment online to BDBA Sort code 40-10-33, Account number 01000810).
Places are offered for whole terms only, and are dependent on available space.
A £100 deposit is needed to secure a place on the bus (returnable at the end of the period of use, provided that a term’s notice is given).
How can I get involved?
The Committee is made up of volunteer parents whose children travel on the services. The officers are elected at the AGM, which usually occurs in October, other membrs are welcome to join the Committee at any time; please contact the Chairman for more details.
Applications & further enquiries
Please contact the membership secretary:
- Email: email@example.com