The Biggleswade & District Bus Association is a non-profit-making voluntary association run by parents for parents whose children attend Bedford Modern School, Bedford School Seniors & Prep, Bedford Girls School, Rushmoor and St Andrews. The association currently operates two dedicated bus routes serviced by Herbert’s Travel.
Can I get the other bus?
Need to get the other bus home once in a while?
For just £2.00 we can arrange a ‘BUS-SWAP!’ A one-day pass which allows travel on the alternate route (If spaces permit – please make payment online to BDBA Sort code 40-10-33, Account number 01000810).
To organise a pass please contact our membership secretary at least 3 days in advance of travel.
Can I bring a friend home?
Provided that there are available seats on the bus, pupils can bring friends home from school. Applications for guest passes must go in writing to the membership secretary who will check spaces and issue a temporary pass by email.
Please note that at least 72 hours notice is required for any guess passes to be issued. This enables BDBA to confirm receipt of payment by bank transfer before a pass is issued.
A single journey guest pass is £7 if arranged with one week’s notice, and £10 if requested with less than one week’s notice.
-Full name of guest
-Which stop the guest will board the bus
-Which stop the guest will get off the bus
Payment should be made to the BDBA bank account at the same time:
Sort code 40-10-33, Account number 01000810
As the Association strives to achieve high passenger utilisation of the buses, the numbers of guest spaces available are likely to be limited.
What are the benefits to using the bus?
- The Association provides a dedicated bus with a termly designated driver for the exclusive use of the Association Members’ school pupils
- The Association is able to consider additional boarding points on the routes, provided that these boarding points are both practical and safe
- The timetable is based on school start of day and end of day times
- Highly utilised school buses reduce congestion and pollution in the town centre, reduce congestion at the school entrances, and improve safety
- Seating at all times: the Association carefully regulates the number of passes so the seating capacity of the bus is not exceeded
- Reduced stress, time and worry in getting your children to and from school each day!
How much does it cost to join?
A one-off £15 family subscription to join the Association is required (Please make payment online to BDBA Sort code 40-10-33, Account number 01000810).
Payment for the bus pass is a term in advance (Please make payment online to BDBA Sort code 40-10-33, Account number 01000810).
Places are offered for whole terms only, and are dependent on available space.
A £100 deposit is needed to secure a place on the bus (returnable at the end of the period of use, provided that a term’s notice is given).
How can I get involved?
The Committee is made up of volunteer parents whose children travel on the services. The officers are elected at the AGM, which usually occurs in October, other membrs are welcome to join the Committee at any time; please contact the Chairman for more details.
Applications & further enquiries
Please contact the membership secretary:
- Email: email@example.com